Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Views on iPad in College Education

I think a lot about the future, and if the future of education involves the use of tablets in the classroom. They are nifty devices that have a lot of benefits, and can really make things more interactive for the student. They also have many other pro's and cons that make them a very useful device in the teaching process.

About a year ago I bought an iPad with the intent of using it with school. I was very impressed with it and what it was capable of doing. I liked how fast and zippy it was, and how easy it was to do simple tasks that would take a bit longer on the computer. It also helped me to keep my media more organized and in one place. I have really enjoyed my iPad.

I started to use my iPad at school immediately. I quickly learned that although it was a great gadget, it was hard for me to be as efficient with my school work if I relied solely on my iPad and did not use the laptop as well. The first obstacle I encountered was typing, it is very hard to type as fast on a glass screen. To resole this I bought myself a physical keyboard. Problem solved.

The next issue I encountered was multitasking. On my laptop I have many windows open and I am constantly switching between them and sometimes I need to have multiple windows open and be viewing them at the same time. I can't do this on my iPad, and really the only time this is inconvenient is when I am doing a research paper and need to be using the internet constantly.

What I really like the iPad for is studying. I use it to study my notes because it is portable and can keep all of my notes in one location. It's also easy to use when I am taking notes in class and from a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment