Friday, January 6, 2012

How digitally civilized am I?

At the age of 4 I was pretty obsessed with our home computer. It was nothing like the computers we have today, it was simple and ran off of "shell". I would play games like Wheel of Fortune and Jepordy which ran off of the big floppy disks that we were using back in the day.
I am a geek at heart for my obessesion with technology has never changed. Everyday, along with checking my e-mail and Facebook, I also check updates on a few technogy blogs such as http://www.engadget.com and http://www.gizmodo.com. I'm obsessed with these blogs and I probably check them at a minimal of 10 times a day.
I'm the member of my family that has to fix the technical problems at my parents house. If their printer isn't working for them, their comptuer isn't working right, or they simply can't put songs on their ipods, I'm the one that has to fix the problems.
I also must be continaually buying the latest and greatest gadgets to satisfy my obsession with technology. I love how convenient it is to read using my Kindle, or how great surfing the web is on my iPad. I love having a 4G phone that has the latest and greatest features.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the nostalgic view of childhood computers. Like you, my schoolboy mind was fascinated with computer games on that oh so big screen. While our parents predominant focus was providing the necessities of life, our focus could be devoted to understanding basic computing concepts like how to open, what we thought, was a necessary thing at that time: the Wheel of Fortune floppy disk game. Our developing brains were open to such notions and they now serve us well.

    ReplyDelete